Visitor Visa FAQ`s

Canadian citizens and Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to enter Canada freely. Other visitors to Canada, including workers, may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to enter Canada.

No. You do not need a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada if you are from a visa-exempt country. Citizens from all other countries must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada .

If your studies will last less than six months in Canada, then no Study Permit is required. Any studies beyond six months require a Study Permit, in addition to a Temporary Resident Visa, if you are not from a visa-exempt country.

There are many ways to qualify for a Work Permit. In some situations, the Canadian employer must demonstrate that they were unable to find Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents to fill the position.

If your visitor visa application is refused, there is no formal appeal process. In addition, you may only reapply if your situation has changed substantially or you have considerable new information to submit.

If your friend or family member requires a TRV to visit Canada, their initial application must be made outside the country, at the visa office responsible for their country or region. You may provide them with a Letter of Invitation, explaining how you will help the person to visit Canada. For example, you may state that you will pay for plane tickets or accommodation. While a Letter of Invitation may help a TRV application, it does not guarantee that the person will receive a visa.

In addition to the application forms and required fees, you will need to submit photos, proof of financial support, a photocopy of your return ticket or travel itinerary (if applicable), and any other documents required by the visa office responsible for your country or region.

No. You may simply present your passport and your valid Green Card at the Canadian border.

No, each family member must complete and sign the required forms. Parents or guardians may help their children fill out the forms, and will need to sign for any children under the age of 18. All the applications can be submitted in one envelope, with one payment receipt for the total fee for all applications.

If there is no stamp, handwritten date or document in your passport indicating an expiry date, your status as a temporary resident will expire six months from the day you arrive in Canada.

You may apply online or using a paper application to extend your status as a temporary resident. You may apply online or using a paper application to extend your status as a temporary resident. You should submit your application for an extended stay in Canada at least 30 days before your status expires. If your temporary resident status expires after you submit your application for an extension but before you receive a decision on the application, you may remain in Canada under implied status. This status lasts until a decision is made on your new application.

In general, international students require a study permit to pursue an educational program in Canada. However, there are several exceptions to this rule. If your program in Canada is less than six months you do not require a study permit, although it may be a good idea to apply for one in case you decide to continue your studies. As well, you may study in Canada without a study permit if you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative accredited by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada. You should contact your embassy in Canada for more information. In addition, if you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you will not be required to obtain a study permit. If your family members wish to study in Canada, they must meet the requirements. Finally, if you are in Canada on a work permit or student visa, your minor children can study at the secondary or elementary level. They must first enter Canada on a visitor visa.

As a general rule, a foreign national must obtain a work permit in order to work in Canada, although there are some exceptions.

If you are from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, you will need to apply for a TRV just like any other visitor to Canada. The application is the same as for a visitor visa. For more information, please visit our page on Business Visitors.

For more information about Visitor Visa FAQ`s or the Canadian Student Visa, Express Entry, Business Visa, Visitor Visa,Federal Skilled Worker in Mumbai or Ahmedabad please contact us or fill out the free assessment form.