Study in Canada

In order to study in Canada, you will need to obtain a Canadian study permit, which serves as a Canadian student visa for the duration of your stay. You do not need a Canadian study permit if your course or program lasts six months or less.

Once you have a Canada student visa, you can apply to renew it from within Canada if you decide to continue your studies. For full-time students registered at an accredited higher education institution, a study permit also allows you to work part-time on campus. You may also be able to work off-campus, work as a co-op or intern as part of your program, stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you graduate.

Canadian Student Visa Process:

• Get the Required IELTS Score if you want admission in a diploma program after grade 12, the requirement is 6 bands in the general module* and if you want to do a post graduate diploma the requirement is 6.5 bands.
• Apply and obtain acceptance form the College of your choice.
• Once the offer letter is received form the College, pay the tuition fees and the GIC bond
• Pay the application fee, get the medical tests done and Apply for the study visa Canada.

Working while you study in Canada

If you’d like to get a part-time job to help support yourself while studying in Canada, you can now qualify to work on or off-campus for up to 20 hours during university/college semesters and full-time during breaks such as the winter or summer holidays, without the need for a work permit.

qualify, you must:

• Have a valid Canada student visa/study visa canada
• Be a full-time student
• Be enrolled at a designated learning institution at post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at secondary level
• Be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

Working after Graduating

Once you graduate you can be eligible to apply for a post graduation work permit, the work permit may be issued for the length of the program, upto a maximum of three years.

For more information or to your student visa process/Canadian Study Visa : Contact Mahavir Consulting that is a student visa consultant for Canada/Student visa agency for a free consultation or visit our office in Mumbai or Ahmedabad.